What: Putting the FUN in Fundraising!
When: June 5, 2018
Where: Spann Student Center, Thomas College
Register: Waterville Creates! ⇒
Did you know that successful, sustainable fundraising has very little to do with asking for money? Discover how to create enjoyable and meaningful roles for staff and volunteers alike—roles that allow those who care about your organization to be effective while staying well within their comfort zones.
Join Waterville Creates! and the Rolfson Group, Inc. for an educational and, yes, FUN workshop designed to provide an overview of “friend-raising” and fundraising strategies for small nonprofits. The morning session will cover the various components of a comprehensive advancement/development plan – from annual giving and grant funding methodologies to digital outreach and communications strategies; from the benefits of establishing major and planned giving programs to the role of strategic and business planning in preparation for a campaign.
At lunchtime, participants will divide into tables by topics of interest for additional opportunities to ask questions of the presenters and engage with fellow attendees. For those interested, lunch will be followed by a more in-depth training session for those developing their major gifts programs and/or considering a capital campaign.
- 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. – Arrival, Socializing, and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Elements of a Comprehensive Development Plan:
- Annual Giving: A Program is more than an Appeal
- Foundation Support: Where to Start? What to Do?
- Sustainable Financial Models & Strategies: Offer Investors Confidence in Your Future
- Planned Giving: How to Begin a Program, and the Expected ROI
- Digital Strategies: Devising an Effective Donor Engagement Strategy in the Digital Age
- 12:30 – 1:30 – Working Lunch
- 1:30 – 3:30 – Preparing for a Campaign and Volunteer / Solicitor Training